People are Filing Lawsuits After FDA Warns: Don’t Drink “Real Water”
According to a March 24 ABC News report, “Lawsuits are mounting” against Real Water, alleging the company’s bottled water has caused severe liver damage and other health problems for many people.
Although there is not yet any direct link between the water and the illnesses, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) stated that “The consumption of ‘Real Water’ brand alkaline water is the only common link identified among all of these cases to date.”
Victims in multiple states have filed several lawsuits. The court has been asked to grant class-action status at the state and federal levels. The class actions seek to include anyone in the US who used Real Water for personal, family, or household use.
In addition to naming Real Water, the Las Vegas-based bottled water company, some complaints include retailers like Costco and Whole Foods as defendants.
President of Real Water Tells Retailers to Stop Selling Immedicately
March 16, 2021, the FDA announced that it was investigating the safety of Real Water. On March 17, Brent Jones, president of Real Water’s parent company AffinityLifestyles.com, Inc., requested that all retailers pull Real Water from their shelves until the controversy was resolved. In a video on the Real Water website, he expressed concern and sympathy over the illnesses and injuries that have been allegedly linked to the water.
The slew of lawsuits comes on the heels of a warning from the FDA about Real Water’s possible dangers. It warned the public not to cook with, drink, sell, or serve Real Water.
Real Water Allegedly Caused Severe Illness
The allegations in the lawsuits against Real Water are that the water has caused liver damage and other sicknesses. Some examples include:
- Several plaintiffs in the cases allege that they suffered liver failure after drinking Real Water
- At least one plaintiff required a liver transplant after drinking Real Water
- In one case, parents claim their 2-year-old son developed severe health problems after drinking Real Water
- Five children allegedly suffered liver failure after drinking Real Water, requiring hospitalization
- Several other plaintiffs experienced less severe injuries such as nausea, vomiting, fever, fatigue, and appetite loss.
These injuries, for some plaintiffs, allegedly resulted in hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills.
What Is Real Water Being Accused of?
Real Water is marketed as the “healthiest drinking water available” with detoxifying properties. Labels state that the water is infused with negative ions and alkalized. Court documents allege that the water comes from the Las Vegas public tap water supply and contains dangerous amounts of toxins.
Lawsuits accuse Real Water of deceptive trade practices, false advertising, and negligence.
If You Drank Real Water and Became Severely Ill, You Might be Entitled to Compensation
- Did you drink Real Water?
- Did you get sick or suffer liver damage?
- Did you suffer injuries after consuming Real Water?
- Did you purchase Real Water because the marketing led you to believe there were health benefits associated with it beyond normal drinking water?
If the answer to these questions is “yes,” call our lawyers at Alonso Krangle, LLP, to find out if you are eligible to file a lawsuit. You might be entitled to collect substantial compensation for your injuries.
Call us today at 800-403-6191 to protect your legal rights and determine if you can file a Real Water lawsuit.