If you think someone you love is being abused or neglected in a nursing home, consider speaking with our nursing home abuse attorneys. Alonso Krangle, LLP will investigate the facts and help determine whether or not you have a claim for nursing home neglect or abuse.
When you place a loved one in a nursing home, you should be able to trust that the nursing home staff will treat that person with compassion and respect. In fact, the law demands it. There are federal and state laws that require nursing homes to provide an environment for their patients that maintain their physical and mental well-being. Unfortunately, despite the reasonable expectation that nursing homes will care for our loved ones, reports of nursing home injuries are frequent.
It may be difficult to face the possibility that your family member is suffering at the hands of those you trusted to protect them. It is imperative that you take steps to protect your loved one from additional harm. Finding the right attorney who can help you is an excellent first step. Alonso Krangle, LLP will listen to your concerns, investigate the situation, and help you determine the best course of action. Hold the nursing home accountable for any injuries it has caused to someone you love.
Why You Need Help from Our Experienced Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Agencies that oversee and regulate nursing homes are not the same ones that determine if you deserve compensation when violations occur. Even if the nursing home violates 100 regulations, collecting monetary damages for injuries they cause is a separate issue. You will need skilled nursing home abuse lawyers like those at Alonso Krangle, LLP to help pursue compensation.
Emotional and Financial Costs of Nursing Home Abuse
If your loved one has been injured, abused, or neglected in a nursing home, you might be dealing with a very emotional and expensive situation. You might have new medical bills, additional long-term care expenses, and in the worst-case scenario, funeral costs.
Uncovering the facts during a stressful, emotional time is difficult. It may take months for you to process that a negligent nurse, an abusive employee, or a poorly run facility caused your loved one’s injuries.
You should not navigate this crisis alone. By speaking with our experienced nursing home lawyers, you are ensuring that someone is working hard to uncover the facts and address legal issues. You can concentrate on your family while Alonso Krangle, LLP focuses on collecting compensation the law allows.
You Need Our Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer to Investigate Abuse and Neglect
If you think your loved one is suffering from abuse or neglect in a nursing home, the most important thing is keeping him or her safe from further harm. Having someone advocate on behalf of your family can go a long way toward preventing additional abuse. Consider the following ways in which an experienced and compassionate nursing home attorney can help:
- Investigate the facts
- A thorough investigation is essential to ensuring your loved one’s safety and legal rights are protected. It requires photographs of injuries sustained in the nursing home as well as interviews with witnesses. If there has been sexual abuse, it may require delicate conversations. An investigation into the patient’s finances may be necessary if there is any suspicion of stolen funds.
- Confront the owners or managers of the nursing home or long-term care facility
- Imagine the relief at having someone else managing communications between your family and insurance companies or nursing home corporate offices. We can ask the right questions, seek documents, and negotiate remedies.
- Coordinate with law enforcement and regulatory agencies
- We can determine if there is a pattern of abuse at the facility, which can include investigating hiring practices, discipline and training of employees, use of background checks, similar complaints against staff members.
- Help determine and document how your loved one has suffered because of the abuse or neglect
- Medical bills, anxiety, pain, and suffering can all result from nursing home abuse. Keeping proper records can help when it comes time to determine a fair and accurate amount of compensation. Our goal is to secure the maximum amount of damages the law allows, and having accurate records is critical in establishing damages.
Helping a loved one recover from injuries, whether caused by neglect or abuse, is not easy. It can mean that you need to look at new facilities or care for them yourself. It may create a tremendous financial burden on your family because of new costs such as medical bills and psychological treatment.
Let our experienced nursing home abuse lawyers at Alonso Krangle, LLP take care of the investigation and pursuit of legal remedies so that you can tend to the needs of your family during this difficult time.
Recognize Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Having a lawyer who understands the nature of nursing home abuse can help you recover legal compensation from those responsible for harming your loved one. But first, you or someone else must suspect that abuse is taking place. How do you know if your loved one is the victim of abuse or neglect in a nursing home?
There are signs you can look for with nursing home abuse and neglect. If you notice that your family member is experiencing any of the following, it may be cause for concern:
- Unexplained bruising
- Falling and other “accidental injuries”
- A sudden change in behavior
- Soiled clothing or linens
- New medications
- Medication errors
- Missing valuables
- Unusual money transfers
If any of these situations arise, report the problem immediately to the nursing home. Then call Alonso Krangle, LLP to protect the legal rights and safety of your loved one.
Contact Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers at Alonso Krangle, LLP to Determine if You Have a Legal Claim
If you think your loved one has been injured or died as the result of nursing home abuse, neglect or negligence, call Alonso Krangle at 516-350-5555. We can discuss the situation and help you determine how to proceed. We understand how difficult this can be for you and your family and can provide the compassionate, dedicated representation you deserve. Find out if you have a legal claim for nursing home abuse by calling our nursing home abuse lawyers at Alonso Krangle today.