Lawyers For Truck Accident Victims
Our Lawyers Represent Clients Across Long Island when They Get Injured in Truck Accidents
According to the Institute for Traffic Safety and Management and Research (ITSMR), in New York State between 2014 and 2018, large trucks were involved in 8-10% of accident fatalities. 88% of truck accidents involve other vehicles. In 2018 alone, there were over 20,000 accidents involving large trucks in NY, a number significantly higher than in 2017. Of these accidents, approximately 1600 occurred in Nassau County, 2300 in Queens, and 1400 in Suffolk County.
You might wonder why there are frequent truck accidents on Long Island. We live in a crowded region with millions of people trying to get places, including trucks trying to deliver goods. Sometimes, truck companies and truck drivers choose profits and speed over safety. The results of such misplaced priorities are truck accidents that injure and kill innocent commuters.
The weight and size of trucks mean that if you are in a truck accident, your injuries are likely going to be severe. After a truck accident in New York, you might be unable to work, unable to support your family. At Alonso Krangle, LLP, our truck accident lawyers on Long Island understand what you are going through and are here to help. We work tirelessly to help victims of truck accidents collect damages when negligence causes your accident. Our experienced truck accident lawyers at Alonso Krangle, LLP, can work on your financial recovery while you focus on your health.
What Causes Truck Accidents in Nassau, Suffolk, and Queens?
All accidents differ in various ways. However, at Alonso Krangle, LLP, our experience with truck accidents leads us to conclude that many truck accidents occur for one of several reasons. What do they all have in common? Negligence.
These are some of the common causes of truck accidents that occur on Long Island:
- Excessive cargo – Carrying heavy cargo, or cargo that exceeds weight limits can compromise the stability of a truck. It can make it difficult to stop the truck safely. Carrying heavy cargo can also cause extraordinary damage to passenger cars and their drivers when an accident does occur.
- Speeding – When a truck driver speeds, it is usually to meet a delivery deadline. Some trucks weigh 75,000 lbs. Imagine trying to stop safely with that much weight behind you. Speeding makes it harder, if not impossible.
- Driving while fatigued-There are countless rules and regulations governing the trucking industry. The regulations included limiting the number of hours truck drivers may drive. However, because of deadlines, pressure from the boss, and the desire to earn, many truck drivers exceed allowable hours. Even if they drive within the restraints, truck drivers are human and get tired like the rest of us. A tired truck driver can wreak havoc on the road.
- Driving under the influence- Driving a truck under the influence of alcohol, drugs, and prescription medicine is even more dangerous as driving while tired. Despite regulations against driving under the influence, the pressure truck drivers feel to deliver goods, please their employers and earn money, can cause them to act negligently and get behind the wheel when they should not.
- Maintenance issues- Trucks require a tremendous amount of maintenance and inspection. When someone fails to take care of their trucks, the brakes can fail, loads can release, and tires can blowout.
- Blind Spots – Trucks have notoriously large blind spots that make it difficult for them to see when they are turning or changing lanes. Many truck accidents occur because the drivers did not see passenger cars or people in their blind spots.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers Understand Who Might Be Legally Responsible For Your Injuries
Determining liability after a truck accident can be complicated. Why? Because there are multiple parties, who might be legally responsible. Because of the nature of trucks and the industry, there is ample room for many people to act negligently.
Who faces legal liability in a truck accident? These are some parties who often face legal responsibility for truck accidents:
- The truck driver
- The employer of the truck driver
- The maintenance or inspector of the truck
- The manufacturer of the truck
- The manufacturer of specific parts of the truck
Hiring experienced lawyers who handle truck accidents, like ours at Alonso Krangle, LLP, is the best way to ensure you uncover the negligent party and hold the correct entity responsible for your injuries. We know what questions to ask and have a complete understanding of the rules and regulations that govern the truck driving industry. We can help you obtain the monetary damages your injuries warrant.
Injuries From Truck Accidents On Long Island Are Severe
The injuries that result from truck accidents on Long Island tend to be severe. Their massive size is no match for an ordinary passenger car. Even a minor accident with a truck can result in terrible injuries. When a truck is speeding or carrying tons of cargo, the injuries can be fatal. Some injuries common to truck accidents include paralysis, amputation, brain damage, broken bones, burns, disfigurement, spinal cord injuries, and wrongful death.
How Can You Obtain Damages After an Accident? Call Our New York Truck Accident Lawyers To Learn More
Truck and insurance companies are notorious for trying to convince victims of truck accidents to accept low-ball settlements. Don’t get pushed into a resolution that is unfair and does not represent the real value of your injuries. You must protect your interests and your claims.
Call our Long Island truck accident lawyers at Alonso Krangle, LLP, to ensure you have people advocating on your behalf. Our lawyers have experience investigating truck accidents, negotiating with insurance companies, and dealing with negligent parties. You are trying to heal from your injuries, physical and emotional. Your family needs to focus on getting well. Let us focus on your claim and obtaining the full amount of damages the laws allow.
For a free evaluation of your truck accident claim, call our lawyers at 800-403-6191. There are time limits to file truck accident claims, so call now. Alonso Krangle, LLP, represents victims of truck accidents in New York, including Long Island, Nassau, Suffolk, and Queens.