Our Slip and Fall Lawyers in New York Help Injured Victims File Claims to Collect Damages
Our New York slip and fall lawyers represent victims of slip and fall accidents when they suffer serious injuries. At Alonso Krangle, LLP, we know that there are many different situations that can cause these injuries and can determine if someone is legally responsible for the situation that resulted in your injuries.
Slip and fall accidents are one of the leading causes of trips to the emergency room. Millions of people suffer injuries from falls. Injuries can be minor, leaving nothing more than bumps and bruises. Sometimes, however, injuries can be quite severe and cause permanent damage.
Call our lawyers at Alonso Krangle, LLP, if you have been seriously injured in a trip and fall accident in New York. Tell us your story and find out if someone was negligent and whether they owe you compensation.
Slip and Fall Accidents in New York Happen in a Variety of Ways
A slip and fall accident can occur anywhere there is something on the ground that causes you to lose your footing and take a tumble. If you think about it, you can have a trip and fall accident virtually anywhere.
It might be water, snow, ice, cleaning fluid, debris, cracks, uneven tiles, frayed carpet, floor-wax, food, drink, or garbage that causes slippery or unsafe conditions.
- Slip and fall on stairs
- Trip and fall in a grocery store
- Slip and fall in an office
- Slip and fall in someone’s home
- Trip and fall in a bathroom
- Slip and fall on a sidewalk
- Slip and fall in a parking lot
- Trip and fall in a restaurant
- Slip and fall in a retail store
- Slip and fall in a supermarket
- Trip and fall in an apartment
- Slip and fall in a hotel
- Slip and fall in a shopping mall
The ways in which people slip and fall seem endless. It is not surprising that millions of Americans suffer these accidents each year.
Do You Have a New York Slip and Fall Accident Claim?
The best way to determine if you have a slip and fall accident claim and might be entitled to collect compensation is to speak with our personal injury lawyers at Alonso Krangle, LLP. We can determine if someone’s negligence caused your accident and injuries.
Establishing negligence requires us to consider some of the following issues:
- Did the owner or controller of the property owe you a duty?
- What was the duty or level of the obligation owed to you?
- Why were you on the property?
- Did the owner know there was a dangerous condition?
- Should the owner have known there was a dangerous condition?
- Did the property owner warn you of potential hazards?
- Did the property owner act reasonably?
- Did the property owner’s failure to satisfy a duty cause your injury?
- Did the owner’s failure to act reasonably cause your accident and injuries?
Our lawyers can carefully consider the facts of your case and determine if you have a cause of action for negligence. If negligence caused your slip and fall accident, you might be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Injured Victims Suffer Serious Harm in New York Slip and Fall Accidents
When these accidents result in serious injuries, the suffering can linger for a lifetime. Victims suffer a wide range of injuries including:
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) can be particularly dangerous after slip and fall accidents because they do not always have immediate symptoms. If left untreated, however, (and sometimes with treatment), they can result in memory loss, dizziness, headaches, insomnia, nausea, cognitive impairment, speech impairment, and loss of motor skills. Other head injuries can include concussions, lacerations, and fractures.
Broken nose, eye socket, teeth, jaw, and facial disfigurement from lacerations or stitches are all possible from a slip and fall accident.
Breaking a hip is one of the most common and most severe injuries victims suffer in slip and fall accidents. If the victim is elderly, it can take months or even years to recover from a broken hip.
Slipping, even without falling, can severely harm your back, especially if you twist in an effort to try to regain your balance. Back pain and associated problems from slipping can last forever and might require a variety of treatments like physical therapy, surgery, and pain medication.
Broken Bones and Fractured Bones
It is not unusual to break a wrist, arm, or shoulder in a slip and fall accident as many people instinctively try to stop their fall with their hands or arms. A bad slip can also result in a broken leg or a broken, fractured, or sprained ankle.
Any one of these injuries can require multiple surgeries, physical therapy, pain medications, and more to treat.
Compensation for Victims of Slip and Fall Accidents to Help With Medical Expenses
If you have a serious injury from a slip and fall accident, several things may be happening to you.
- You might be out of work because of your injuries and losing income.
- You might also have medical bills piling up.
- You might not be able to earn money again for some time.
The financial pressure can become overwhelming. At Alonso Krangle, LLP, our personal injury lawyers work hard to ensure victims of slip and fall accidents collect all the compensation the laws allow. We want you to receive damages that fairly and accurately reflect how bad your injuries are.
You might be able to collect compensation for:
- Medical expenses such as the cost of hospital stays, doctor’s visits, medications, rehabilitation, surgeries, therapies, assistive devices.
- Lost Wages you have lost by missing work to treat your injuries
- Lost future income you will lose because you can’t return to work.
- Pain and suffering caused your slip and fall accident and injuries.
Victims of Slip and Fall Accidents in New York – Call Alonso Krangle, LLP to Seek Maximum Recovery for Your Claim
If you get hurt in a slip and fall accident in New York and want to ensure you collect the compensation to which you are entitled by law, call Alonso Krangle, LLP, today.
Our personal injury lawyers have experience fighting for the rights of victims suffering slip and fall injuries. Call Alonso Krangle, LLP, today at 800-403-6191 or 516-350-5555 for a free case evaluation.