Our Lawyers File Claims for Victims Injured in Slip and Fall Accidents in Huntington
Huntington is one of Long Island’s most bustling places. It is filled with restaurants, bars, shopping, offices, parks, and beaches and is even home to one of New York’s premier concert venues. Huntington has something for everyone, whether you are into boating, art, comedy shows, or strolling through farmer’s markets.
With busy sidewalks and a thriving nightlife, Huntington also has its fair share of safety risks. Slip and fall accidents occur with frequency in Huntington as they do elsewhere on Long Island. If you or someone you love was injured in a trip and fall accident in Huntington, you might be entitled to collect compensation.
At Alonso Krangle, LLP, our lawyers have decades of experience handling premises liability claims and personal injury claims for people who get hurt in Huntington. We understand how to prove negligence, investigate claims to determine who is liable, and how to build a strong trip and fall case. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident in Huntington, call our lawyers today for a free evaluation of your premises liability claim.
How Do Trip And Fall And Slip And Fall Accidents Happen In Huntington?
All premises liability claims are different. The specifics of each case vary depending on the location of the circumstances that led to the accident. But we do find several scenarios are similar when it comes to slip and fall accidents in Huntington. Consider the following examples that often give rise to premises liability claims:
- Slipping on wet floors in a supermarket or grocery store
- Slipping and falling on a wet bathroom floor in a restaurant or bar
- Tripping and falling over cracks in the sidewalk or curb
- Tripping over raised or frayed carpets or mats
- Tripping on broken stairs or steps in an office building or store entryway
- Slipping on an icy or snowy sidewalk
- Falling or slipping in a parking lot that is icy or has potholes or broken pavement
- Tripping and falling because of the dim lighting in a bar, restaurant, or parking lot
- Tripping and falling because of debris in a retail store, hallway, or on a walkway
- Tripping and falling over uneven or slippery grounds in a park
- Losing your balance and falling due to a broken railing
- Getting hit and knocked down by a falling object
Have you experienced any of these situations? Did you suffer injuries slipping and falling or tripping and falling in Huntington? If so, your injuries might have been the result of negligence. When negligence causes slip and fall accidents and injuries, the victim might be entitled to collect compensation.
How Do You Know If Someone’s Negligence Caused A Slip And Fall Accident?
Proving negligence requires you to show some essential things such as:
- That the property owner had a duty of care to you
- That the property owner failed to uphold that duty by failing to exercise reasonable care
- That the property owner’s failure to exercise reasonable care caused your injury
- That your injury resulted in verifiable damages like medical expenses and/or lost wages
All property owners have legal obligations to provide a reasonable amount of safety to people who enter their property owners. These legal obligations extend to business owners, municipalities, building owners, landlords, tenants, managers, cleaning companies, construction companies, and others who might be in control of a particular property or premises.
Determining whether someone acted reasonably or unreasonably is one of the hardest parts of proving a premises liability claim, and it’s something that’s best left to lawyers with experience handling these types of cases on a regular basis.
At Alonso Krangle, LLP, our lawyers can thoroughly investigate your claim to determine who violated their legal duty. We know what questions to ask and who to seek answers from. We understand the standards of care that might apply in different circumstances and what parties are often responsible for the negligence that results in trip and fall accidents in Huntington. Having the right premises liability lawyers working on your behalf can improve your chances of collecting the maximum amount of damages allowed by law.
What Can Our Lawyers Do For You?
In addition to our deep understanding of the legal standards and actions that are required to prove negligence in slip and fall cases, our lawyers at Alonso Krangle build your case and advocate for your rights. We can do the work involved in securing your financial recovery while you focus on your physical recovery.
Our Huntington trip and fall lawyers at Alonso Krangle can:
- Collect evidence
- Evaluate evidence
- Identify potentially negligent parties
- Identify the entity or person who owns or controls the property on which your accident occurred
- File documents and notices on time
- Interview witnesses who saw you slip, trip, and fall
- Gather photographs of the scene and your injuries
- Secure any video footage that might affect your claim
- Research and utilize building codes and safety regulations that might be important to your case
- Obtain policies, procedures, and reports that might be relevant to proving negligence
- Review medical reports and evaluations
- Calculate your losses/damages
- Negotiate a fair and just settlement with insurance companies or property owners
- Prepare for and conduct any necessary litigation
If you were the victim of a slip and fall accident in Huntington, don’t wait to get started pursuing your premises liability claim. Time may be of the essence, so contact our lawyers at Alonso Krangle today to protect your legal right to collect compensation.
Trip and Fall Accidents in Huntington Cause Injuries
Millions of people suffer injuries in trip and fall incidents every year. Falling is one of the primary reasons people wind up in emergency rooms across the country. For older adults, falling is one of the leading causes of death.
When you trip and fall and suffer injuries, you might be entitled to collect compensation. Damages can cover your medical expenses, which can include the cost of surgery, hospital stays, doctor visits, medication, physical therapy, and other treatments often associated with injuries from falls. Compensation can also include wages you lost if your injury kept you from working. Lost future income may also be available if your injuries prevent you from returning to the workforce. You might also be able to collect money for the pain and suffering your slip and fall accident and injuries caused.
All slip and fall cases are different, and there is no guarantee as to what you might collect in a successful claim. But, the injuries that result from trip and fall accidents in Huntington that often result in compensation tend to fall into one of the following categories.
Broken bones from a Huntington slip and fall: these injuries often include broken hips, broken ankles, broken noses, and broken wrists.
Spinal cord injuries from a Huntington trip and fall: these injuries can result in difficulty walking, paralysis, loss of bladder or bowel function, breathing difficulty, pain, weakness, numbness
TBIs from tripping and falling in Huntington: these injuries can include concussions and accompanying short-term and long-term symptoms. TBIs can cause memory loss, seizures, headaches, cognitive and behavioral impairment, speech problems, communication problems, coma, and nausea.
Our lawyers at Alonso Krangle can assess your injuries with the help of medical experts and help you collect the monetary compensation that fairly represents their value. We know that money will not make your injuries magically disappear but collecting damages from the party responsible for your injuries can help you and your family begin to move forward from your ordeal.
Our Huntington Slip and Fall Lawyers Fight for Injured Victims
Call Alonso Krangle, LLP, today at 800-403-6191 for a free evaluation of your Huntington trip and fall claim. Let us help you collect the maximum amount of damages allowed by law when negligence in Huntington results in your injuries.
Time may be of the essence, so don’t wait. Call our Huntington slip and fall lawyers today.