Our Lawyers Help Victims Injured in Eisenhower Park on Long Island
What happens when you or someone you love gets injured on the grounds of a park? Can you collect damages? Can you sue the county, state, or another party for your injuries?
Our lawyers at Alonso Krangle, LLP are experienced personal injury and premises liability lawyers who can help you and your family pursue compensation when negligence caused your injuries.
People don’t often think of accidents and injuries when they think about spending the day at a park. After all, Long Island is home to many beautiful parks, like Eisenhower Park, in Nassau County, which is flooded with visitors all year long. Eisenhower Park boasts more than 900 acres of open spaces, making it one of the largest parks in the area. Eisenhower Park, which has addresses in East Meadow and Westbury, is bigger than Central Park, making it a prime spot for families and friends to spend time relaxing, playing sports, and watching their children play.
But, for thousands of families, what starts as a fun day at the park can turn into a nightmare. Adults and children can suffer severe injuries on park grounds from accidents that might have been avoidable. Park owners and operators have a duty to keep the grounds reasonably safe for visitors. When they fail to do so and injuries result, the victims might be able to hold them accountable and collect compensation for their injuries.
At Alonso Krangle, LLP, we have experience handling all types of personal injury and premises liability claims, including those that occur in Eisenhower Park. As a result, we can determine who was responsible for injuries and pursue all available legal remedies to ensure you collect fair damages. Call our Eisenhower Park injury lawyers today at 800-403-6191.
Where Can Injuries Occur in Eisenhower Park?
Have you been to Eisenhower Park? There are so many events, activities, and attractions that even if you have visited, you may not have seen it all!
It is not simply a park with grassy knolls and shady picnic areas. Eisenhower Park has plenty of places for people to enjoy themselves and, for some, become injured. For example, injuries might occur:
- On the tennis courts
- On the pickleball courts
- At the indoor or outdoor ice-skating rinks
- The Harry Chapin Lakeside Theatre
- At the Nassau County Aquatic Center
- At the Hempstead Turnpike basketball courts
- On the fitness trail
- On one of the three golf courses
- At the mini-golf course
- The batting cages
- On one of three Eisenhower Park playgrounds
- At Safety Town
- Visiting one of the memorials on the park grounds
- At the Carltun restaurant, meeting place, bar, and banquet facility
- At the Bocci courts
- At the gaming and card tables
With so many places to get injured in Eisenhower Park, how do you know who might be responsible? Our lawyers have the resources and skills to investigate and determine who was ultimately responsible for maintaining the safety of whatever area, equipment, or condition that caused your accident.
The County Owes You a Duty of Care While in the Park
Negligence occurs when someone fails to uphold a legal duty. For example, property owners have legal responsibilities to the people who visit. They must keep the premises reasonably safe. This usually includes fixing known hazards and taking reasonable steps to identify dangerous conditions. When a property owner fails to do these things, and it causes someone to get injured, the property owner might have to pay compensation to the victim.
Negligence can cause injuries in Eisenhower Park in various ways. Consider these typical park accidents that might be the result of negligence:
- falling from playground equipment because of a broken step on a slide or a loose monkey bar that should have been fixed
- tripping over broken concrete or asphalt in a parking lot or on a trail that was not marked dangerous
- falling into a hole in the picnic area that should have been cordoned off
- getting injured on the golf course because of a broken golf cart that should have been taken out of circulation
- slipping and falling at the pool because no one was ensuring the safety of the walkways
- suffering a swimming accident because the lifeguards were not properly trained or supervised
- getting injured from a broken, cracked tennis or pickleball court, which was supposed to be inspected weekly but wasn’t.
- being assaulted in the park because there were inadequate security measures
- getting hurt because you can’t see a dangerous condition because there are broken lights
- slipping and falling on a wet or icy floor at the restaurant or in a bathroom that someone should have cleaned or posted a warning sign about.
- suffering an accident at the pool because of defective, dangerous equipment
- tripping over debris that should have been removed or warned about
- becoming entangled or trapped in playground equipment that was defectively designed, installed, or repaired
If you become seriously injured in an accident like the ones described above, it is possible that your accident was someone else’s fault. If negligence caused your accident and injuries, you might be entitled to substantial compensation.
Whose Negligence Can Cause Eisenhower Park Injuries?
Eisenhower Park is managed by The Nassau County Department of Parks, Recreation, and Museums. There are other entities, however, that might be responsible for the accident that caused your injuries. The County might hire contractors and outsource work that is performed negligently. Or, you might get hurt at the Carltun, which is private property, despite its location within the park.
One of the benefits of having experienced personal injury and premises liability lawyers like the ones at Alonso Krangle, LLP is that we know where to look for answers. We understand that multiple parties might play a role in a single premises liability accident and the importance of identifying them quickly. Whose negligence might have caused your accident and injuries in Eisenhower Park?
- Nassau County
- The Nassau County Department of Parks, Recreation, and Museums
- New York State
- A manager or supervisor
- A vendor
- A contractor
- An equipment manufacturer
- A maintenance, repair, or construction company
- Another park-visitor
- An event planner or event management company
- An employee
- An athletic organization
- A school, camp, or daycare
Let our Eisenhower Park accident lawyers determine who caused your injuries and get you started on the road to recovery.
Injuries at Eisenhower Park
Hundreds of thousands of children in the US go to the emergency room each year for injuries that occur on playgrounds. People of all ages suffer injuries in pools, on athletic fields, and on fitness trails, like those at Eisenhower Park. Some accidents are unavoidable, while others are due to someone else’s negligence. Unfortunately, some of the most severe injuries are caused by the actions or inactions of others.
Some of the common injuries sustained in parks like Eisenhower park include:
- Broken bones
- Bone Fractures
- Facial lacerations
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Near drowning injuries
- Internal injuries
- Torn ligaments
- Burn injuries
- Bruising and swelling
These injuries can require multiple surgeries, physical therapy, and long stays in the hospital. Some can cause permanent damage to the brain, spinal cord, or motor function. With these injuries come expenses – medical bills, nursing care, medications, and more. If the victim is an adult, the financial aftermath can be devastating, especially if he or she can’t return to work.
The good news is that if you are eligible for compensation, it can cover many of the expenses associated with your accident and injuries. A fair compensation award after being injured in Eisenhower Park can include medical expenses, lost wages, lost future income, and pain and suffering. We want to ensure that you get an amount that fairly and accurately reflects the severity of your injuries, the negligence of the other party, and your other losses.
There is a Time Limit to File Personal Injury Claims
There are statutes of limitations that apply to all legal actions. Personal injury/premises liability claims are no exception. However, the time limit is not the same in every situation. For example, if you want to pursue a claim against a government body, municipality, or Nassau County, for example, you must file a notice within 90 days of the accident and injury. The time limit might be longer if you are able to pursue compensation from non-municipal parties.
We can’t know how much time you have left until you tell us about your case. Call Alonso Krangle, LLP, today to preserve your legal rights.
Call Our Eisenhower Park Injury Lawyers
If you or someone you love was injured at Eisenhower Park, call our personal injury lawyers at Alonso Krangle, LLP, today at 800-403-6191 to schedule a free case evaluation. We want to ensure that you and your family get the compensation to which you are entitled.
Don’t let someone else’s negligence go unaccounted for. Pursue your legal right to collect compensation when negligence causes your injuries.
Call our lawyers handling claims for people injured in Eisenhower Park at 800-403-6191.