Long Island Premises Liability Lawyers
Long Island Premises Liability Lawyers Fight for Injured Victims.
Premises liability accidents that happen on someone else’s property often cause serious and debilitating injuries. In New York, like most other states, property owners must maintain the condition of their property. It must be reasonably safe and free from hazards. When they fail to fulfill their duties of safety, and someone gets injured, they might be legally responsible for paying damages to the victims.
What is Premises Liability Under New York Law?
The term for the claims that encompass accidents and injuries that occur on someone else’s property is called “premises liability.” Premises liability cases cover a wide variety of circumstances and locations where people get hurt. Whether the victim in a premises liability case is a guest in someone’s home, patron of a business, or visitor to an office, the laws provide ways to collect compensation for injuries when they result from negligence.
If you or a loved one is the victim of an accident on someone else’s property, you might be entitled to substantial financial compensation. At Alonso Krangle, LLP, our lawyers have decades of experience handling all types of premises liability claims in New York. We understand the various ways property owners can be negligent and, more importantly, how to build a strong case. We fight hard to ensure that victims collect the compensation they deserve after being injured on someone’s property. Call Alonso Krangle, LLP, today to protect your legal rights.
When Property Owners are Negligent, and Injuries Occur, Victims Might Collect Compensation
New York property owners owe duties and responsibilities to the people who enter their premises. Homeowners, landlords, tenants, business owners, and municipalities have to keep property under their control “reasonably safe.” When they fail to do so, negligence can occur.
When accidents and injuries result from negligence, the victim might have a valid premises liability claim.
Property owners should ensure:
- Known hazards are fixed in a timely manner
- People receive warnings about dangers that exist on the premises
- There is reasonable security
- They take reasonable steps to learn about potential hazards and dangers
Premises liability claims allow people on the premises to hold property owners, landlords, tenants, and others legally responsible for negligently causing accidents and injuries occurring on the property.
Prove Negligence in a Premises Liability Claim with the Help of the Lawyers at Alonso Krangle, LLP
The elements of a premises liability claim can be challenging to prove. Enlisting help from experienced premises liability lawyers at Alonso Krangle LLP can make a difference in the outcome of your case.
The following are the basic elements of a premises liability claim-You must show that:
- The owner of the property (or another party with control over the premises) owed you a duty of care
- There was a dangerous condition
- The property owner knew about the danger, or the property owner should have known about the dangerous condition
- The property owner failed to take reasonable care to fix or warn of the danger
- The dangerous condition caused you to become injured
- Your injuries resulted in damages
Our lawyers at Alonso Krangle, LLP, know that proving negligence requires experience, skill, and resources. We have what you need to show that property owners failed to live up to their legal responsibilities. Whether there are code violations, failures to warn, faulty repairs, or negligence by a municipality, we have what it takes to ensure you receive compensation for your injuries.
Our Lawyers Understand the Common Premises Liability Accidents and Claims That Occur in New York
All cases differ. But, premises liability claims tend to fall into groups or categories. There are some circumstances that occur over and over that seem to cause a great number of premises liability accidents and injuries.
Some common premises liability accidents that occur in New York include:
- Accidents and injuries in parking lots-these often result from broken or poorly maintained pavement and inadequate or broken lighting.
- Accidents and injuries on sidewalks-broken, defective, icy, snowy, slippery, wet, uneven, or cracked sidewalks often result in serious injuries. Slip and fall accidents: these often occur in stores, homes, or other places where floors can be slippery and cause accidents. Spilled food, excessive floor wax, wet or muddy stairs, torn carpet, bulging carpet, and other hazards result in severe accidents.
- Accidents at businesses-business owners can be responsible for injuries caused by fires, explosions, gas leaks, chemical leaks, and other catastrophes.
Some other common premises liability claims might involve:
- Dog bites, animal attacks
- Swimming pool accidents
- Porch, deck, roof, or balcony collapses
- Dangerous amusement park rides
- Negligent supervision of children
- Negligent security at a hotel or apartment
- Shopping accidents, falling items, slippery floors
- Construction zone injuries
Compensation for Your Injuries Can Help You Recover After a Premises Liability Accident in New York
Injuries from premises liability accidents often include broken bones, lacerations, back and neck problems, and head injuries. Any of these injuries can be severe. Injuries from premises liability accidents can require:
- Hospital stays
- Assistive medical devices
- Physical therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- Medication to manage pain
- Psychological treatment
The financial, physical, and emotional toll of such injuries can last a lifetime. Medical bills can pile up, and you might have to miss work to tend to your injuries.
You could experience tremendous pain and suffering on top of the financial worries. If you want to ensure you collect compensation that reflects the true value of all your injuries, call Alonso Krangle LLP today.
With the right representation, you can collect damages that cover:
- Physical injuries
- Medical expenses
- Lost income and wages
- Lost ability to earn income in the future
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
Injured Victims Call Our New York Premises Liability Lawyers
If you were injured on someone else’s property, don’t leave your case to chance. Don’t assume anyone “on the other side” will treat you fairly. You should have strong lawyers representing your interests and advocating for your legal right to collect compensation.
Call Alonso Krangle, LLP today for a free evaluation of your premises liability claim.
Our lawyers fight for victims of premises liability accidents and others that cause personal injuries. We want to ensure you collect the maximum amount of compensation to which you are entitled.
Call our New York premises liability lawyers today at 800-403-6191 for a free evaluation of your premises liability claim.